cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t link my New EE broadband to my account.

RMP5
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I’ve just moved my broadband onto New EE,  it can’t locate the new product on my EE app (or online account). I have tried linking it, but keep getting an error message telling me there’s a problem and to ring up as ‘we need to check a few things.’ I rang up and the operator sent a message to the appropriate department. I rang five days later and this time the operator spoke to a colleague then informed me that EE are having problems linking accounts at the moment, but couldn’t offer any assistance other than telling me to wait.

does anyone out there know what’s going on, or have any suggestions as to the way forward?

22 REPLIES 22
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RMP5 : No, what you've been told just about sums up the state of it, affecting many New EE BB users.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
frustrated808
Visitor

Exactly the same has happened with us. They require you to call and verify your identity, then tell you there's a "back-end issue" with an indeterminable resolution date which is stopping almost all customers from linking their accounts. Great work BT/EE. Push through a merger in time for Christmas despite the systems not being tested and screw it up for everyone involved. 

Lozzieblack
Visitor

Same here, still waiting on a call back that I'll never get... Again!

KateMFin
Visitor

Me too. I was told there is a button on the website to link the products but there isn't. I guess we just wait until they sort themselves out 

mattywoz74
Visitor

Yes having exactly the same issue and have had an EE agent call me a couple of times but no change. The key things for me is I can't see any billing but also where the accounts are not linked I cannot take advantage of the £10 unlimited data tariff for my kids SIMs.

I called again and was told that it would take up to 13 days to delet my old broadband account and link my ‘new EE’ account. I’m in the same position being unable to see my bills and missing the unlimited data offer. Very frustrating!

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

"13 days to delete an old broadband account!" That's an euphemism for "We're now estimating 13 days to investigate & fix this bug!"

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
notryanair
Visitor

What somebody in an EE shop recommended was to make a new email address with Google or Yahoo, make a new EE ID and link your broadband that way. Mine wouldn't link to my mobile account, constantly kept coming up that a few things had to be checked, EE 150 didn't know what to do, so this was an unideal workaround.

watki
Explorer

Hi guys. We have a shared problem. Having migrated over on expiry of old contract, EE can't link our old Legacy account to our new EE account - there has to be a different account number apparently.  I put in my email and password into the PC on MyEE and it just brings up the old legacy bills. I was told  on 8/2/24 that 'it takes a while for the accounts to merge, maybe 10-12 days'. It's now the 20th, and still the same. Different Guide tells me 'it is a huge problem affecting everyone trying to access their New EE accounts' and wouldn't give a timescale.

I'm not creating a new email address for their benefit - maybe they should have stuck to the old account numbers and there wouldn't be this issue.

So now they are taking money on the New EE direct debit, but you can't see what you are being billed for...... They got that bit working ok didn't they? I was told that once you've rung up and been vetted, you can ask for the billing figures, but surely this is all wrong?

Miffed to say the least and feeding back 2/10 every time. Thinking of dropping it to 1/10 each week.