cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect my hive Hub

Harigill57
Explorer

Switched from BT to EE and can not connect my Hive thermostat 

Been told to check the from Hive, but do not know were to carry this out?

Please send this to BT as discussed.

Since it shows on FING, can he send this to his ISP please.

The ports a Hive Hub requires are:
UDP port 123 (NTP)
TCP port 443 (HTTPS)
TCP 5671 (AMQPS)

Must also please remove the shields/firewalls.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why would we be sending this to BT? This is an EE forum & you have BB with EE.

The most you can do is on the Advanced > Advanced Wireless page to temporarily disable the 5 GHz band & move off the Smart channel while connecting problematic 2.4 GHz devices.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Harigill57  Have you tried factory resetting the Hive ?  

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Harigill57   have you moved your Hive Hub to the EE router, and have you plugged it into a free LAN port, not the WAN port.  What lights are showing on your Hub?

There should be no need to do anything else.

Are you able to log into the app or dashboard? https://my.hivehome.com/dashboard 

The Hub is connected into the ethernet port 

Hub light is blue.

I can connect to the Hive Hub page but all the devices are showing has not connect. 

@Harigill57   looking at Hive's Help Pages that suggests your hub has lost its connection to your thermometer and/or control unit.  Does the thermometer light up when you touch the controls? Or has the batteries gone flat?

As already suggested try switching it off then on again. or you may need to reinstall the devices.

https://www.hivehome.com/ie/support/Help_Using_Hive/Hive_Hub/What-to-do-if-your-Hive-Hub-is-offline#...