cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone recommend a smart socket to pair with my ee router please?

Tottie
Explorer

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Tottie   what is it you are trying to do?

Not sure what you mean.

@Tottie  I use one made by Meross you’ll find these on Amazon.  If you are using an iPhone you really want the one that is HomeKit enabled these also work for Google/Alexa or you can purchase the cheaper version that’s just for Google/Alexa   

Hi Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I do appreciate it. I read the product description and near the end it said that it’s suitable for 2.4gHz but not 5gHz. It is able to connect ok as the ee router is dual band? I’ve not been able to connect any of my other smart plugs. Did you ask ee to stop your 5gHz? They told me that if I do that my broadband will slow down. It’s so confusing. I’m not that tech savvy so not sure what you meant about a home kit. Could you explain it so that I buy the correct socket, thank you.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

With the white EE Smart Router, unlike the black EE Smart Hub, you cannot separate the wireless bands/SSIDs. The most you can do is on the Advanced > Wireless Settings page to temporarily disable the 5 GHz band & move off the Smart channel while connecting problematic 2.4 GHz devices.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)