cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed increase in April?

Nickybutch
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, this might be the wrong thread. I only asking to confirm something for me.

I am on Full Fiber 900mps broadband on an EE contract in North London. This is going through an Openreach ONT and an EE SH31B router.  

The question is will my internet speed be increased to 1.6Gb from April as advertised by BT and also do I need to change my router to benefit the speed and what settings to I need to change on my Smart Hub 3 1B (SH31B) to get the maximum speed?

Any advice is grateful when you get a chance.

Thanks

Nickybutch

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nickybutch  No because your current contract is for 900meg.   The 1.6Gb is a different tariff. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nickybutch  No because your current contract is for 900meg.   The 1.6Gb is a different tariff. 

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Nickybutch  EE smart Hub Plus (2023) - SH31B is exactly hub provided for 1.6 Gbps New BB by EE.

However, as there is price change on 1st April, it doesn't means, as there must be also product change, in terms of speed.

If you are one of unlucky, who intended to migrate to 1.6 Gbps product, but stuck (for now) on FF900 instead, then yes, probably at some point You will be upgraded.

But normally there is no really reason, why should EE upgrade you just out of blue... If You got promised something like that, and have it, say, in writing, than I should expect it. Otherwise no really...

Considering, as 1.6 Gbps package is still one big mess, even for migrated BT to EE customers, I do not hold my breath for 1st April, or April in general anyways

Nickybutch
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you all  for your advice. It was just a thought. I might stick to what I have UNTIL I get an upgrade or decide to pay extra for the 1.6Gb speed. I will consider to everything you all have to say. At the moment, this matter is closed. It is not a solution but ideas which in the long term be helpful.