Bill issue

Leebarkworth
Explorer

How on earth do I get a bill for my broadband the day after it gets installed this is an absolute joke 

if anyone else understands this please let me know 

I didn’t see anything when I signed up that I will be billed the day after gets installed or I wouldn’t have signed that’s ridiculous 

And as for guaranteed 250mbps in that case don’t bill me when running right next to the router I max out at 75

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why not? You are always billed a month in advance for BB by all ISPs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leebarkworth  Because you pay pro rata.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leebarkworth wrote:

And as for guaranteed 250mbps in that case don’t bill me when running right next to the router I max out at 75

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Never heard of that tbh my previous broadband billed me the following month or a few days after not within 12 hrs 🙄

1hr after install it was running at 400+ Wi-Fi by 12 last night it was running 75/80 max Wi-Fi 

I don’t use wired internet 

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Using wifi does not stop you posting the info @XRaySpeX  has requested.

As to the bill it is just coincidence that you account when live on the day bills are generated.