cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for cancelling an upgrade via BT

qahmed
Visitor

We had placed an order upgrade via BT on 1st February 2024  but after a day we changed our mind. We had called BT and EE, BT said it has been cancelled and EE responded to we have to wait until it has been processed which will take 2-3 days as it was over the weekend period.

We then contacted EE back via online chat on Monday 5th February 2024 mention we would like to cancel the upgrade and the advisor had placed the cancellation request through, I have a text to prove that.

then visited the online account to check if it has happened no update no such and then returned the call on 12th February and told them the situation of what happened and the gentleman on the line had put the cancellation through again and was confused how the previous advisor cancelled it when it was still in process.

I have also mentioned we have not received any  broadband hub from EE assuming it had been cancelled and we are not getting messages from EE that we are getting charged for cancellation and the advisor previously said you will only get charged for the usage for this month only until we have a provider taking over our line. A bill came for over £230! how can you charge us when there is a cooling period for changing your mind. 

1 REPLY 1
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @qahmed

Thank you for posting!

I am sorry that you have been charged a cancellation fee after you had changed your mind about the upgrade.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Robbie