Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT broadband full WiFi transfer to EE 1.6gbps

Letmeb00gey1
Investigator
Investigator
BT broadband to EE 1.6gbps

What a pain it has been to switch over to EE to get new router and faster speeds. Initially I was told they can order the 1.6gbps broadband from EE as I had by complete WiFi and i agreed only then after the phone call ended I noticed they simply transferred over like for like package on EE and found I then had to pay more not much but still £1 more. I was later told to let my order complete and I can then regrade and get the 1.6gb fibre from EE. I then checked on EE and it was still showing as I have the 900mb package. A few days passed, however  to my surprise it now shows I can get rhe 1.6 gbps package from EE. So when I called again to day I was told I can’t get it even though I am on full fibre fttp as the people on the phone said they can’t see the offer so can’t provide this to me  so firstly I was misled and missold what I was ordering then now their site doesn’t match it states I can get which is mis advertising. I have spent a number hours on the phone.

Letmeb00gey1_1-1698689414981.png

338 REPLIES 338
garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Just one thing...

Fast.com always over estimates the speed, you're better off using nPerf for accurate results.

OR engineers love Fast for that reason, tends to get them over the line for the minimum speed when you're not really getting those speeds day to day. 

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

nPerf still giving me good results.😎

nperf.jpg

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
Havoc999
Investigator
Investigator

Hello all.

Have read the whole thread & it's very interesting & informative.

Can anyone tell me if the ONT I have is the 1GB type or the 2.5GB type ?

Also, is there any news

IMG_20240416_092258.jpg

on the new EE WiFi 7 router

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240416_092319.jpg

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Havoc999 Thanks for posting, that's a 1GB ONT.

Neil

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

And this is a 2.5Gb ONT.🙂

ONT.jpgONT-1.jpg

Havoc999
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you both for your help & advice. Much appreciated. 

I am moving to the 1.6 / 1.8 EE package. 

I assume in the process, an order will be automatically placed to replace the ONT with the 2.5Gbps type.

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Havoc999 

@Havoc999 wrote:

I assume in the process, an order will be automatically placed to replace the ONT with the 2.5Gbps type.

Yes mate EE will sort and provide.👍

zaheerm
Visitor

I just called bt on 03301234150 to try to regrade my bt 900 to ee 1.6gbps. I was told it's not possible, best they can do is switch me to the same 900 package but on ee and my contract would start over. They said it's for (new to bt and ee) customers only. How have people been able to do the regrade?

hi wondering if anyone can help just got the 1.6 installed by the engineer and the most i can connect to on my pc via wifi 6 or ethernet is 950mb, now my mobile samsung s22 plus gets me 1400 so what do i need to get it on my pc Lan 1gb do i need a 2.5gb pci card or is there something else i can try as i have tryed everything cheers hope someone can help because ee iether dont tell you thanks in advance