cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 month delay for fibre

Marie2410
Visitor

Absolutely horrendous service!!! Been waiting since November 2022 to have fibre fitted, external box was fitted 11 jan 2023, informed not enough connections in box, 2days later informed by open reach connections added, told on 2 separate occasions by EE that engineer’s would be out to fit internal box, low and behold no show, no explanation, no contact! Have rang,text,virtual chatted, to recieve the same scripted response!! told it’s down to open reach, that EE can only check the account to see if open reach has updated it with a date, also been told that no work has been carried out to start the fitting of the fibre so I will need to wait for them to fit the external box which was fitted 2months ago,I have continued to pay my contract even after informing them only 1 person can use the Wi-Fi at a time or it just buffers! I’m paying for a service EE are not providing, nor are they willing to accept any fault. What an absolute shambles!! Told today I have to wait till 27th March 2023 for an update!! and that’s all they can do, they can’t give me a date, they can’t provide the service I am paying for!!

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Marie2410 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Did the team advise why you would need to wait? Has this been passed to a different team to be looked into? 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Aren't you paying for your existing lesser BB rather than for FTTP?

EE are unable to do nowt w/out OR doing it 1st. It's OR that actually does the work.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)