Nokia Lumia 920

Charlotte
Former EE Community Manager

Hey guys,

A few of you have been asking about the Nokia Lumia 920, so I’ve tracked down a man in the know and got him to answer some of your questions (and even persuaded him to let me have it long enough to take a few snaps). So here’s what I found out…

First things first – when the phone is available.

You can pre-order your phones online or in store now, and they will be available for shipping very soon. Date to be confirmed.

The colours available to 4GEE customers.

There are two options – white or black.  You can see what the black version looks like in my picture below. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get my hands on the white version, but if I do, I will make sure to share pictures of it with you.

Here it is in it's full glory...

Black.jpg

An idea of the size compared to an iPhone 4S

size.jpg

The view from above 

above.jpg

Things I learnt from the man in the know.

The Nokia 920 has a nifty camera that claims to capture five times more light than other smartphones. The result? ‘Brighter pictures without a flash, even indoors and a night’ i.e. a good phone for a P-A-R-T-Y. 

It also has built-in wireless charging, which makes it easier to keep your phone topped up throughout the day. They’ve even created a pillow-type charging system where you can ‘rest’ your phone. Take a look at it here, it’s quite a novel way of preventing that end-of-the-day, phone-has-died, I-can’t-call-my-boyfriend-to see-if-we-have-garlic panic.

And not forgetting ‘a better-than-HD display’. From my brief interaction with said phone, I was very impressed by the quality of the display. You can see it in action below. I was a tad mesmerized by the colourful boxes. Me? Fickle? No…

display.jpg

Sadly, I didn’t have the Nokia 920 long enough to test out its features (it’s a closely guarded phone at the moment and no amount of sweet talk could make the handler leave it with me any longer). So once I’ve worked out how to crack the combination on the safe, after locating the safe in the first place, I will try to get my hands on it to do a full review.

In the meanwhile, I hope this is enough information to answer some of your questions. If you do have any more, send them in and hopefully the community will be able to answer them!

Charlotte Smiley Happy

194 Comments