cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

termination of number

racolchester
Visitor

I am helping a vulnerable person who has an EE PAYG sim.  He has not had credit for a while, and now his phone is no longer receiving calls.  He needs to get the number working as he receives security codes to the phone.  He does not really understand much about mobile phone contracts and unfortunately he has not been able to share with me when he got the sim or how long it is since he last had credit.  Is there a way of getting his number re-activated so we can try topping it up?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @racolchester

Welcome to the community.

It depends on how long ago the number entered hibernation as to whether it can be reactivated. I know you're saying he doesn't know at the moment though.

I'd recommend calling our Mobile Care team. You can find all of our contact numbers on the get in touch help page.

They'll be able to verify the customer by asking security questions, then if needed, talk to you on their behalf.

They will also be able check how long ago the number was deactivated and reactivate it if possible.

What is pay as you go hibernation? >

Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @racolchester

Welcome to the community.

It depends on how long ago the number entered hibernation as to whether it can be reactivated. I know you're saying he doesn't know at the moment though.

I'd recommend calling our Mobile Care team. You can find all of our contact numbers on the get in touch help page.

They'll be able to verify the customer by asking security questions, then if needed, talk to you on their behalf.

They will also be able check how long ago the number was deactivated and reactivate it if possible.

What is pay as you go hibernation? >

Chris