cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

link my phone? not doing anything

jaywor
Investigator
Investigator

trying to set up my account and I need to buy more data okay sure. I go through the whole process an I reach the stage where I register, verify... then link. put in my phone number and it doesn't  do anything just says the following... 

To finish setting up your account:

• Grab your 4GEE WiFi device
  • Connect it to your tablet, phone or laptop

after I enter my number it dose nothing except show me that no idea what the hell I have to do now and it seems I cannot buy anymore data until I resolve it and I've been try for hours please help

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you using a mobile BB router or a phone? Either way you have a PAYG data SIM in it.

MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices or at least those with data SIMs. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

You may continue using your device but you just can't register it to MyEE.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from the device will tell you your usage.

Go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from the device to buy add-ons.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

okay thanks that's great, but when I go to these links it shows me my data usage/data packs I can get but as soon as I try to get one it still takes me the the ee page and asks me to link my phone. I literally cannot advance until my phone is linked it seems  

Which are you on, PAYG or Flex?

Try using the 150 Text Service to buy packs & add-ons.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I'm on PAYG and another issue I found is when I try to get a data plan/pack buy calling 150 it tells me somthing like "unfortonately there are no packs available for your account no matter what angle I try nothing works even I f I use the app it still tells me to register

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jaywor,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues managing your account online. Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can help.

James