cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim upgrade blues😢..

Camper-_86
Explorer

Hi everyone..

I use two EE SIM only contracts and have done for around ten yrs or so... maybe longer..

1,  One is an unlimited data, mins and texts which costs £25 per month and was supposed to have been £27 when I took out the deal ( which is great )

2, Second sim is £7 per month but is supposedly meant to be £14 per month and has 1GB data, unlimited mins and texts..   (So I qualify for a £7 loyalty discount because I'm a long term customer)

When I rang the other day to renegotiate the £7 SIM  because I feel as though i may need more data as my son uses the phone, I hit a brick wall and nothing was offered to me..

I get 100 GB gifted to the £7 phone from the unlimited £25 phone, but I feel as though I could do with more (just in case)..

I phoned them earlier and they only gave me the deals advertised and would not budge on prices.

But I've just realised about the so called loyalty discount I have....

So... do you think it's wrong of me to ask the EE team to give me  200GB and plead with them to add the £7 loyalty discount to the deal ?...

How would I approach the advisor on the phone because they're tough nuts to crack?....  And also.... do you think I'm being cheeky?  

Many thanks.. Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The way I see it, and from experience, is to try and retain your loyalty discounts on current deals against your existing SIM Contract(s), normally works better if your out of contract and are prepared to sign up for a further commitment.

Well I've been on the phone and mentioned my £7 loyalty discount..

I was wrong...  She said it was £9..

I then asked if my loyalty could be transferred on to a higher price plan with more data....     No !!! she said.

There are no offers for existing customers so I've asked for my Pac code and I'm definitely jumping ship now..

Absolutely shocking way to treat long standing customers in my opinion