cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone 12: Meet the first iPhone with 5G

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

You can now order the new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.

iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max will be available to pre-order on 6 November, from 1pm.

iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini

iPhone 12 has gone 5G. You can connect each of this year’s four iPhones to our powerful 5G network to experience superfast browsing, downloading and streaming, smoother surfing even in busy areas, and gaming with very little lag. Combine this with the A14 Bionic chip – the fastest chip in any smartphone – and you’ve got some serious speed and power at your fingertips. You can even shoot cinematic video in 4K HDR Dolby Vision – something even pro movie cameras can’t do.

RICHMOND_2_BuyNow_iPhone12_16x9_960x540_KV.jpg

The iPhone 12 mini is the smallest and thinnest 5G phone you can buy. But if you prefer something a little larger, iPhone 12 Pro sports a 6.1-inch display. And what a display it is.

Both iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 mini feature beautiful Super Retina HDR OLED screens – showcasing brighter brights, darker blacks and a higher resolution that makes everything look vibrant and detailed.

And with such a beautiful display you’ll want to protect it. That’s where Ceramic Shield comes in. Ceramic Shield is the strongest smartphone glass ever and offers 4x more drop protection – great news if you occasionally drop your phone.

Order the iPhone 12 >

iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max

iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max feature the same impressive features found on the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini, including 5G, the A14 Bionic chip and Ceramic Shield, plus enhanced camera capabilities that take your photography to new levels.

RICHMOND_2_BuyNow_iPhone12Pro_16x9_960x540_KV copy.jpg

The Pro 12-megapixel camera system which features on both iPhones comprises three lenses – Wide, Ultra Wide and Telephoto. These lenses are designed to let light flood in to produce stunningly detailed images in low-light conditions. Night Mode lets even more light in – up to 27% more on the Wide lens – to capture intricate details in dark settings.

And most impressively, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max utilise the same technology used by NASA to measure how long it takes light to reflect back from objects. It can then create a depth map of whatever space you’re in.

The technology is called LiDAR, and is so fast and accurate, you can take beautiful, colour-rich portrait photos in low light and use it with augmented reality (AR) apps to transform a room into a realistic rainforest or see how the latest pair of trainers will fit.

For the ultimate in camera capabilities, iPhone 12 Pro Max has a 47% larger sensor, and larger pixels, to let even more light in, plus a 65mm Telephoto lens (5x optical range) that lets you zoom in tighter on portraits.

Whether you go for the iPhone 12 Pro with its 6.1-inch display or iPhone 12 Pro Max with its 6.7-inch display, these are seriously gorgeous phones capable of incredible performance.

Order the iPhone 12 Pro >

16 REPLIES 16
wizzywig27
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Absolutely raging that although I pay £89 a month on an upgrade anytime plan, the equivalent tariff on the iPhone 12 is £87 which means I cant actually upgrade unless also I pay £50 for the 256gb version which I do not need.

Add to that 40 mins on the phone and I am still no closer to ordering the handset, telling me the systems aren't working.

James_B

Hi @wizzywig27,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues placing your order. Have you tried upgrading online?

Thanks

James

Instead of the Anytime upgrade, ask them how much it is for an early upgrade instead.

I was in a similar situation, but for me the fee for an early upgrade was £413, and the Carphone Warehouse gave me £400 trade in for my iPhone 11 64GB (unlocked) so only really costing me £13 plus the handset price.

Hello @James_B., I think you are missing the point. I (imo) pay an extortionate amount per month to allow me to upgrade 'anytime' on the caveat that I remain on a talkplan that is equal to, or greater than my current talk plan. The point I was making is that for the 128gb phone (double the size of the handset I currently have and done use) was £87 and my current plan is £89 which means it was impossible to upgrade - instead making me take out a more expensive phone and which required paying £50 for the storage space which I do not need.

I personally do not think this is fair and is rather underhand - for the sake of £2 per month it was either pay more for a handset or don't upgrade 'anytime' like I was sold.

@chrlsohara thanks for the advice

James_B

Hi @wizzywig27,

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Upgrade Anytime options and I'll pass your feedback over to the relevant teams.

Thanks

James

wizzywig27
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi @James_B, no need, already gone to the big man (Marc) - I will see what comes back from his team.

Luemr
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Is there any kind of u[date on this issue? As a 512gb iPhone pro max anytime customer I am extremely worried about being able to do my upgrade on Friday? I obviously don’t have a level to go up but only have the plan I have to allow me annual upgrades.

Katie_B

Hello @Luemr

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I believe feedback has been sent however we have not received anything back regarding this.

Katie 🙂

Luemr
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks @Katie_B was able to upgrade at the same price