cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Wifi calling not working

Tailstrike
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

I am a new EE customer and have got the new Z Flip 3 since yesterday and I am unable to get Wifi Calling to work.

It is obviously selected in settings, I am connected to wifi, I have no or bad signal, but it will not show up.

Other phones have previously worked okay so I do not see a reason why this time it doesn't. 

I have tried all: restarting phone and router, try airplane mode, try software update, etc etc.

I have been searching online for a solution but nothing seems to solve it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephan

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes same here, it just started working.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tailstrike  Call customer service and ask them to make sure WiFi calling is enabled on your account.  It could just be a case of not being enabled on EEs side. 

Hi,

Done that and they said all is enabled but apparently they have "issues" with WC on new phones???

I even got a text message saying the WC is now enabled.

But still not working......

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tailstrike 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you been back in touch with our Tech Gurus on 150 for an update? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Was your phone supplied by EE, or is it a SIM-free device that you're using with a SIM-only payment plan?

Thank you for your support so far.

The phone & sim (monthly contract) are supplied by EE as I am a brand new customer having been with O2 previous. 

Received an email update this afternoon: " I have double checked our systems and we have had issues with WIFI calling despite updating your account to include the WIFI calling feature.  A ticket has been raised on your behalf for further investigation and is currently getting looked into".

Fingers crossed they'll get it sorted soon.

Stephan

Okay, been looking into some other stuff today as I'm getting frustrated with this.

I've just been in an area with good phone signal coverage and I had full bars. I have the message "Emergency calls only" and it is obvious that the phone does not connect to a network.

Looking at SIM card status under Service State it says OUT OF SERVICE!!

Tried to call 150 but 30min time is too long.

Any ideas? I've removed/reinserted sim card. Power phone off/on etc. 

Thanks

You can try toggling flight mode on/off to force a reconnection, or try your SIM in another phone to see if the same problem is apparent.

If the same issue happens in multiple devices, it would confirm an account-level problem.

Had the same problem with Z Flip 3 when trying to enable via the connectivity settings menu. Only showed me a VoLTE option not VoWiFi.

I toggled WiFi calling on in the quick drop down menu and WiFi calling is now working. You can see the toggle below and VoWiFi enabled on my EE sim 2

Screenshot_20210917-164948_Discord.jpg

Latest news from EE: There is a known problem in their system with Wifi Calling for new customers/sim cards.

They are working on it but no idea when it will get resolved.

I have 2 new sim cards, 1x for my new Z Flip 3 and 1x for my old phone. 

Both have identical problems so no Wifi Calling on either...

Not happy!