cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Website wont let me confirm a puchase

pmcg86
Investigator
Investigator

Trying to purchase a Sim Only deal on the website isn't working. 

After entering my payment details i get redirected to the Visa Protection page which says it was has been successfully authorised. Usually from here the page would redirect and i can confirm my purchase. Instead, the EE homepage loads inside the Visa Protection panel and doesn't refresh the page. Tried 3 times on different devices.

All i want to do is make a simple transaction. Not getting off to a very good start EE!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

That's great @pmcg86

Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

James

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pmcg86  try clearing your browser history and cookies and trying again. 

Tried different browser and device.

When i do it through Incognito Mode its now saying my billing address doesn't match my card address which is absolutely ridiculous as i've already made purchasing on other websites this morning. Shambles!

James_B

Hi @pmcg86,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems completing your order online.

Please get in touch with our sales team on 0800 956 6000 so we can help.

Thanks

James

I rang them yesterday and they couldn't honour the deal over the phone as the deal was exclusive to uSwitch

James_B

Hi @pmcg86,

Is the card you are using registered to the exact same address that you provided when setting up your EE account?

Thanks

James

Yes it's the exact same. Everything Auto-Fills from Chrome when im making purchases for both general details and payment details. It's been like this for years. I've also tried to do this manually. 

When i tried to do this yesterday i was getting passed the Payment Details page. This is an issue for the website developers to handle.

The only thing that i can think of that might be an issue is the house number/ building name thing.

For some reason when the billing address it generated at the payment details page there is a new line after the house number instead of number and first line of address on one line ie

Fake Street 

On 99% of websites it would be :

123 Fake Street.

If that is the issue there is no way around it as the House No/Building Name is mandatory.

If i can't get this sorted today i guess EE lost out on a customer

James_B

Hi @pmcg86,

I wouldn't expect the slightly different address format to cause an issue, as long as the details are correct.

Do you have a different card you could try?

Thanks

James

Another card let me through but still having the issue i was having last night. It runs through the Card Verified thing then loads the main EE page inside the panel and i can't continue. It's clearly an issue with your website. Can you pass this on to the developers please.

After Card Verification Has FinishedAfter Card Verification Has Finished

James_B

Thanks @pmcg86

Don't worry about uploading your image again, it was just awaiting moderation but we have received it.

I've checked in with our shop team and orders seem to be processing as usual for other customers.

Which web browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

James