cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

VAT Invoices

rscott101
Investigator
Investigator

I'm looking to move my personal phone from O2 to EE, but will need invoices showing the VAT breakdown as my company allows me to claim the cost back as expenses while I'm working at home.

I used to be able to do this with EE about 6 years ago, but they insisted on posting VAT invoices to me every month (at no charge). O2 were able to activate this at the flick of a switch, Vodafone and Tesco Mobile can also supply this at no cost to their personal customers.

What's the current situation with EE? Is it still the case that they refuse to provide them to personal customers?

12 REPLIES 12

That's absolutely appalling! 

A business can go to any shop to make a purchase & obtain a VAT receipt. This is simply a con to get more money out of small businesses!!!

I'm sure this can't be legal.

Is there a way to escalate this? Either to the Ombudsman or HMRC given that it is a legal requirement to provide a VAT receipt? This is TOTALLY EE being greedy and wanting people to switch to business accounts if their companies are paying for their mobile bills. Also love how no moderator has responded to any of this- best 5G network......perhaps......worst customer service......absolutely!!

I have given up trying to switch as I keep being asked for documents that don't exist, like a business bank account when I use a personal account with the knowledge of my bank, and a signed letter of authorisation on company headed paper even though I don't have this as a sole trader. The result is that I can't claim my VAT back as I'm on a personal account with EE. Might be worth escalating to an ombudsman indeed..!