cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

VAT Invoices

rscott101
Investigator
Investigator

I'm looking to move my personal phone from O2 to EE, but will need invoices showing the VAT breakdown as my company allows me to claim the cost back as expenses while I'm working at home.

I used to be able to do this with EE about 6 years ago, but they insisted on posting VAT invoices to me every month (at no charge). O2 were able to activate this at the flick of a switch, Vodafone and Tesco Mobile can also supply this at no cost to their personal customers.

What's the current situation with EE? Is it still the case that they refuse to provide them to personal customers?

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rscott101

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Our bills for personal users now show all charges inclusive of VAT. If you need a VAT breakdown for business purposes you would need a business contract.

You can view all our Business Plans on the EE Shop online. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

What on earth is the logic behind that? I don't need a business account to get a VAT invoice for an Amazon purchase (for example). The other mobile networks will provide them to personal customers too.

Your website doesn't offer any business tariffs which are vaguely comparable to the personal one I've been after. I'm looking for an s21+ with a reasonable amount of data for under £50 a month (so expect to have to pay an upfront fee).

I guess EE just don't want the business from many of the home workers out there now.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rscott101

Thanks for coming back to me. 

If you give our sales team a call they will look at the best options for you, you can call them on 0800 956 6000. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

I had the exact same problem. In fact, I was told by your sales rep that I COULD set up a personal account and claim it back as a business expense - but then found that EE would not provide VAT invoices for my personal account. I am trying to switch over to a business account now (having been assured I can keep the same deal, which involved lengthy conversations with the complaints team) and I have been asked for lots of documentation that does not exist because I am a sole trader, not a business. EE is failing its customers here. 

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hi @rscott101

Thanks for coming back to me. 

If you give our sales team a call they will look at the best options for you, you can call them on 0800 956 6000. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Thanks, but if EE are making it this difficult to obtain a VAT invoice, I think I'd prefer to pay more and get the phone from elsewhere. I don't want or need a business account and I'm not actually a business of any kind (just a normal employee who claims expenses) so not sure I'd even qualify for one.

Hmm. On hold for 5 minutes (so far) while someone checks because they think they might be able to issue paper invoices.

They've just confirmed they can issue paper VAT invoices, but only until October when that process stops.

Anyone needing VAT invoices after that date must have a business account.

I still find it unbelievable that they are stopping VAT invoices for personal accounts given all the people home working now! Thanks for finding this out. I was told expressly by the customer service team and the complaints team that it was not possible to issue any VAT invoices whatsoever for my personal account. 

Same problem here. I've been with EE for over 5 years now, happily downloading my VAT invoice every month. Then, all of a sudden they've changed it so we can't get VAT invoices any more. I've been sent a link to a page about 'transferring the account to a business' which makes very little sense.

Every other business I deal with can provide a simple VAT receipt or invoice. They are legally obliged to provide one whether it is a business account or not (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1995/2518/regulation/13/made), but they seem to be happy to break the law on this one.

I strongly recommend any small business or sole trader who needs to run their phone bills through the books looks elsewhere. As far as I am aware, all other mobile providers offer this simple and legally required service.