cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade

Carol15
Contributor
Contributor

Can you tell me why there is £274 charge to upgrade 4 months earlier than allowed. We have landline, broadband, 3 mobile users. I think it’s wrong charging all that when you make so much out of us as a family.

carol 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carol15   You have to pay off the contract to the minimum term date.   It doesn’t matter what you pay for other services as you agreed to pay this contract to the minimum term date.   If you don’t want to pay off the contract you’ll need to wait till your in your upgrade period which is 45 days before your minimum term date. 

your also getting a 20% discount on that remaining cost. 

Still a lot of money alleged the reason you want to upgrade is a phone that isn’t fit for purpose. I missed my fathers death at weekend because they couldn’t get through on the phone anc yes they had the right number.

I may look round and see what other retailers are offering
Sent from my iPhone

@Carol15 wrote:

I may look round and see what other retailers are offering
Sent from my iPhone

You're quite entitled to do that, but remember that while you can upgrade "early" in relation to your minimum term, there is no such incentive to disconnect or cancel early.

In other words, you get a discount on your early "cancellation" fee if you're choosing to upgrade rather than cancel.

@Carol15   Even if you look around to see what other retailers are offering you still have to pay off this contract to the minimum term date to upgrade early.  Even if you change network and take your number with you you’ll still have to pay off this contract.  If you join another network and don’t take your number you’ll still be required to pay this contract be that early or the monthly fee to the minimum term date.   This contract has to be paid one way or another.  

To keep the cost down you’ll be best just purchasing a cheap phone put your EE sim in it and continue with this contract till you can upgrade at no extra cost. 

I’ve not said I won’t pay it have I? I said that the fee was high. I’m just going to pay the monthly fee until February and the look elsewhere. I’ll then be in a position to purchase a phone outright and not need to be bound to you with a contract

Sent from my iPhone