cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade to FTTP Fibre before existing EE contract ends?

Lucasford91
Explorer

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to take my existing Fibre Plus contract (which still has 12 months remaining on the contract) and upgrade to one of the FTTP packages (ideally Full Fibre 900)? 

Would there be any fees associated with moving from one plan to another (beyond the set up costs for FTTP and the uplift in monthly payments from £32 to ~£60)? Do I have to wait until my current contract expires?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I believe you may upgrade your package at any time just at the cost of the increased price.

You do have FTTP available there? What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks - Yes, we can get the full 900mbps package here. Think I will give them a call then and see what's involved in upgrading - it was a tad confusing because I thought there would be fees to pay off the contract, and despite EE offering the service in my area to new customers (via website) it didnt appear as an upgrade option

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

As you are staying with EE there won't be any cancellation fees. You are just upgrading your service and entering into a new contract.