cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade in father's name but I need to pick up phone from shop. What can I do?

bryreesm
Explorer

I have recently upgraded my contract and changed the direct debits over to myself, however the contract is in my father's name. I have requested the phone get sent to my nearest store but have just read that I need photo ID for proof of purchase. My father lives 200 miles away so this is not possible really. What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

They might accept your photo ID if you have the same surname.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bryreesm

Welcome to the community and thank you for upgrading. 🙂

As part of our Deliver to Store process, only the person named on the package can collect it.

If you were to have it delivered to your home address, they would accept your photo ID, if you have the same surname.

I recommend speaking to customer services to see if they can re-order for you.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I work for a phone shop myself and when this sort of thing happens, we ask them to phone customer services and leave permission on the account for someone else to pick it up. I shall phone customer services and ask if this is a possibility.

Thanks
Bryony