cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade but can't upgrade?

Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can anyone help please? 

My Contract ends 27/11/2021

The Ee app did say I was eligible for an upgrade.

I then requested a pac code as was thinking of taking a new contract with id mobile and porting the number across but having seen reviews I've decided against I'd mobile and probably happy to just stick with ee. 

That's if I could upgrade... my pac runs out 9.11.21 would this stop me being able to upgrade? 

Ee website says sorry you can't upgrade this device yet. 

Any ideas? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, the PAC has to run its 30 days until expiry. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you tried ringing CS?

I have always found calling gives more favourable results.

Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yep rung CS twice spoke to two separate people.

First I was advised to keep checking and that was it end of call pretty much.

2nd person was a little more helpful couldn't understand why I couldn't upgrade as I'm withing 45 days i explained the pac code request I had made and that I'd also read on this community their where some with the same problem in previous posts about pac request and upgrade.

I asked if she could cancel the pac request apparently not possible.

I was advised the pac request wouldn't stop me from being able to use the app or Web upgrade service and again to keep trying... 

Is anyone from EE able to check if I am eligible to upgrade as your app website all say no customer service said yes I should be able to but couldn't advise me on phones plans etc.... 

Also whilst I'm here as a side question....

Who is able to offer the best deal ee direct or a 3rd party that deals with ee?

Does ee upgrade team have the ability to match prices either from a diffrent network or 3rd party provider of ee?

Cheers

What does texting UP to 150 tell you?

I can imagine that having got a PAC from EE you won't be able to upgrade until the PAC expires its 30 days.

EE doesn't price match in general but that shouldn't stop you asking for a deal. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Robc86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Texting Up to 150 results in the following message:

Sorry we cannot process your request, please try again alittle later.

Is there anyway to cancel an active pac code? As I'm guessing this is causing the issue as its the only thing that has changed.

Thanks for the replys so far. 

No, the PAC has to run its 30 days until expiry.