cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unlocking my iPhone 11

Euan11
Investigator
Investigator

I am looking to unlock my iPhone 11 as I have now changed providers and my contract has ran out. I have confirmed that my number has changed to the new provider.

However, I am unable to unlock my device as my EE account has been suspended/closed. How can I unlock my device if my EE account is no longer functional?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

The store will be able to help you get in touch with customer services, who will be able to process it for you, @Euan11. 🙂

Chris

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Euan11  If you’ve got the from EE device it is automatically unlocked after 17 months.  

What network sim are you trying to use in the device now ? 

Christopher_G

Hi @Euan11

Welcome to the community.

As @Chris_B said, it's possible that the phone is already unlocked. Have you tried a different network's SIM card in it?

Chris

I have tried adding my new SIM card to the phone however it takes me to the Apple home screen and says 'Activation Required'. It then says my device needs to be unlocked and to contact your network provider which was EE.

@Christopher_G 

@Chris_B Vodafone SIM card

Christopher_G

OK thanks, @Euan11

Did you get the iPhone on contract with EE directly?

Chris

I got the phone from affordablemobiles and got an EE contract straight away with the monthly payment of the phone.

@Christopher_G 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Euan11

I'd recommend going through our online unlocking form to request for it to be unlocked.

Chris

I have tried this multiple times. Entering my IMEI number on the form leads me to a page saying my device is locked to EE.

Whenever I click the unlock with my EE button and enter my details, it takes me to a page displaying a login error.

"What happened?

Sorry, we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later."

The only other option I can click is done so this method does not work.

Any solution?

@Christopher_G 

Christopher_G

How strange, @Euan11

I'd recommend trying on a different device, and if the same thing happens, contact our Mobile Care team so they can process it manually for you.

Thanks

Chris