cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unlocked Pixel 5, locked again?

nabobalis
Investigator
Investigator

I had previously unlocked my phone that I had got from EE directly on a pay monthly contract. I had been able to add a second esim to my phone with no issues. 

This morning I went to add a new esim and the ability for me to add a second carriers eSim has now gone and it will only allow a EE eSim. I had also upgrade to Android 12 recently.

I would assume it was somehow a software setting but I can not find anything to resolve this. 

How do I go about resolving this? I am outside of the UK so contacting 150 is not really possible without racking up a massive phone bill.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Who got it unlocked for you?

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Who got it unlocked for you?

I had rang up EE customer service when I was in the UK. 

I will try calling the number via Skype. Thanks.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nabobalis  Is the physical Sim slot still unlocked ?  Because if it is then the device is still unlocked because you can not have one unlocked  without the other being unlocked.  

I don't have a second physical SIM to test that with at the moment.

I assume it still has to be unlocked but the part of the phone that let me add other network eSims is not showing anymore but now is locked to EE.

I am very confused about the entire situation.  

So the phone is still physically unlocked, I was able to use a third party US sim card.

The eSim still will only look for an EE eSim QR code and will error otherwise. 

@nabobalis  So the phone is unlocked.    EE can not do anything about the eSim as that’s a Google feature of the device and once a device is unlocked it’s well unlocked and that includes duel sim phones on both sim slots even if one is an eSim.   

When trying to set up the esim is there a EE sim in the device ?     If there is that’s why it’s trying to set up the eSim for EE.   

When trying to set up the esim is there a EE sim in the device ?     If there is that’s why it’s trying to set up the eSim for EE.   

I've tried, no sim, a non EE sim, a EE sim. The eSim option is the same, it wants a EE eSim and nothing else.

The last choice I have is to reset the phone fully and see if that fixes it.