cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Slower speeds when tethering from iPhone

Howarth4422
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, in the top windows of my house I have a direct line of sight with the ee 4g mast and get speeds of around 250mbps on my 11 pro. However when I tether the speeds on my iPad, laptop, ps5 are all much slower (around 50mbps maximum) this is all with the phone placed in exactly the same location and with the devices within a couple of feet of the iPhone. This is also the same when tethering via usb. I have spoken to Apple but they just read from their predictable script…. “Are you on the last meat software” “reset network settings” etc. anybody have any ideas how to solve this as I’d really like to be able to utilise tethering as my broadband speeds aren’t great due to my location

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Howarth4422
Investigator
Investigator

Latest*. Not last meat 😬

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Howarth4422 

Your tethering speed will be limited to the device tethering capacity. Just because you can receive one speed, this doesn't necessarily mean you can tether at the same speed. 

If you want a specific tethering device then you need a mobile 4G router.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

i have spoken to apple tech support this morning and they say there is no reason my 11 pro shouldn't be able to tether at those speeds...