cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Saving sent texts on Doro 5030

shirleyladyjane
Investigator
Investigator

My Doro 5030 will not save 'sent' texts. I have selected setting of "Phone"  for both phonebook and messages storage. Because it will not save sent texts I have no record of what was sent to whom. EE chat line has just suggested doing the very setting I have.

I do not know what to do next, except buy a different phone!

18 REPLIES 18
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

This is potentially why the EE adviser recommended speaking to the manufacturer of the phone, @shirleyladyjane. They're experts with the software and limitations of the phone.

There's a support section on the Doro website. Hopefully they'll be able to help you get to the bottom of what is using all of your free space and help you keep a log of your sent messages.

Chris

Thank you indeed for your helpful concern, but I have just about had it with this phone. This is the last of several similar problems, never properly rectified and as soon as we can get out, I shall find another phone on a different network. No one has told me how I might contact the manufacturer, or indeed what they might suggest. I need clues before I waste more time! I am an elderly widow (86) and feel I have spent enough of what time I have left on this!
I am very grateful for the trouble you have taken, thank you

Christopher_G

I'm sorry to hear that, @shirleyladyjane.

If you click the blue link on my last post, you'll find a contact number and email address for Doro.

I hope they manage to sort this out for you.

Chris

Many thanks. I got onto Doro and they solved the problem in five minutes,
which EE could not do in 3 hours!!

Shirleyladyjane
Christopher_G

That's great to hear, @shirleyladyjane. I'm so glad you got sorted.

Did they say what they did to fix it? By posting your solution here, it could help someone else who has the same problem in future.

Chris

Do I put the solution here? I hope so.

A young woman, Anita, took me into Settings, down to Messages. OK. Down to Delete. OK and then down to Delete All. OK.

This was scary, not knowing what I might be deleting. However, the SIM now registers 0% although the Phone, to which I am supposed to be saving Messages etc, still says 93%. It is not clear whether this is 93% empty  - or full! I did not think to answer in time.

I have not received any messages yet to test it. Thanks to all concerned, and as they say,  "a steep learning curve" for one old girl!

Thanks for posting the solution, @shirleyladyjane 🙂

Hopefully other users can benefit from this.

Jon

j0hnh
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My elderly parent has a Doro5030 and periodically has a similar problem.

I believe all SMS messages are saved aitomatically to "Messages" Inbox and Sent Items. After a time the limited memory gets full and cannot save any more.

At this point you should notice an envelope icon in the top LH corner.

By going to Messages / inbox there should be an option to "Delete All" but also an option to delete individual texts, one at a time.

Then go to "Messaging / Sent and do similar for outgoing texts.

Hope this helps.

Ps. You're doing great, my elderly p can only call , ie. can't text.

So glad you could help them. As I said I spent 3 hours on the phone to EE
help line and they couldn't do anything. I had already deleted all the
incoming and sent messages that were recorded as such. I was told by Doro,
that "snippets" of messages sent and incoming get lodged in the SIM card
until it becomes full, even though these messages etc are being "stored" on
"phone". THIS is where the confusion came in. It was only when they directed
me to "Delete All" that I dared do it! I wasn't sure if "Delete All"
wouldn't clear everything!