cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung S21+ wifi calling

elverdiblanco
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Simple question, will a Samsung S21+ bought direct from Samsung work with wifi calling on EE? I've had a search through the forum and seen messages saying it *should* work but can't see confirmation. I live in an area with very poor signal and rely on wifi calling and can get a generous discount buying the phone from Samsung through an employee perks scheme. That way it works out as a far better deal than buying the phone on a contract but if wifi calling won't work it is no use to me.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@elverdiblanco   Not all devices directly from the manufacturer will support it some have to come directly from EE.  The newer Samsung devices from around 2017 and up can come from elsewhere. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@elverdiblanco Yes it will work & that’s a definite it will work. 

elverdiblanco
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for that. Last time I bought a phone direct from a manufacturer it was the HTC U12+. The three previous HTC models all supported wifi calling even if bought from 3rd parties so I figured the U12+ would be a safe bet but alas it didn't work so had to go back.

@elverdiblanco   Not all devices directly from the manufacturer will support it some have to come directly from EE.  The newer Samsung devices from around 2017 and up can come from elsewhere. 

elverdiblanco
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Phone arrived direct from Samsung yesterday and wifi calling works as expected, thanks for the help

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @elverdiblanco 🙂

Have a lovely day. 

Leanne.