cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung S21 ultra 5g keeps turning off

Patio
Investigator
Investigator

Hi can anyone help my Samsung S21 Ultra 5g keeps turning off and restarting any help appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Could be a failed update, restarts after update but fails so goes on the update list again.

Check in update settings, or when you have some free time manually go through all the system and security updates yourself.

Thanks for your reply but this started to happen a few weeks after having phone. No shops are open I will be going in to my local EE SHOP see what happens.

@Patio The shop will just send it off for repair under warranty if there is something wrong with it. They will not just give you a replacement unless you have insurance but again this will be posted to you and not replaced in store. (Then you are liable for the excess charge)

Have you checked for any updates?

Can you dial *#1234# and share the info please.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
d_seng
Visitor

This worked for me: Go to Settings, Apps, and scroll down to "Android System WebView" and tap. Now tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top right and tap "Uninstall updates". Repeat the same for "Google Play services". Now restart your phone and see it solves the problem. If it does, try going to Settings & Apps and update as required. Mine has worked fine after updating these two apps.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know this, @d_seng.

Hopefully other users can follow your advice if they have a similar problem.

Jon