cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung S21 EVR firmware.

Pinecone41
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all. I’ve recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy s21 from EE and discovered that the EVR firmware disables the “4G+“ icon when multiple frequency bands are aggregated, no matter what networks SIM card is in the device. I’ve tried flashing different networks firmware on it via Odin, but it’s not working and just stays on the awful EVR firmware. I want to use the phone on Three, and I now don’t know when it’s carrier aggregating with other frequency bands. I wanted to know if anyone’s knows how I can get rid of this god awful EVR firmware and flash BTU stock firmware on it.

thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pinecone41  Your asking the wrong forum/website for help with this.   You are also potentially playing with the warranty on your device should anything go wrong and you brick the device.   Just wanted to point that out to you, 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Pinecone41 

Why are you bothered about the 4G+ icon? 

As @Chris_B  said check out Google as there are many guides or check out XDA developers. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Like I said, I want to see when my phone is carrier aggregating with different bands when using a three sim in it.

Sent from my iPhone

If you are flashing different firmware and it's staying with EVR you must be just flashing older versions of the EVR firmware.

Look for BTU that is the stock unbranded version.

But just changing firmware doesn't unlock the device.

You should be able to use it on Three if it's unlocked even with the EVR firmware.

The 4G+ symbol I'm not even sure it shows up anymore. I can't remember seeing it on my Fold or my S10. And both these use BTU.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Hi @Pinecone41 ,

Would the Network Cell Info Lite app be sufficient which shows "LTE+" in the app and can even show "4G+" in the top status bar at the cost of running in the background?

Interestingly, it also works for dual SIM for me with "4G+" shown atop "4G" in the status bar. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
I know, the device is already unlocked. I just don't get why it won't
flash. I also don't get why EE disable the 4G+ icon, its a completely
stupid decision.
No, I just wish EE never disabled the 4G+ icon anyway.

I’m struggling to flash different firmware on it. EE should stop selling phones with their firmware on it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone

@Pinecone41   Then don’t purchase a device from a network purchase it outright. This way you’ll not get any network added stuff that the network can add to the device because you got it from the network. 

jimboctration
Explorer

You need to change the CSC. If you Google CSC change then you can normally pay for a token to be able to change that and then flash your firmware successfully