cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

SIM for iPad

suetester
Visitor

I have just purchased a used iPad Pro and as I have a Samsung phone I have been told I need to get a SIM to use the iPad outside the house.  Do I get a data SIM  and if I do will I be able to make calls on it or do I get a phone SIM with the same number as my phone.

Your will have to excuse my stupidity but I have never been an Apple user not since I have the very first Apple Mac computer many years ago.

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @suetester ,

Welcome to the community,

You will need a data SIM card for your IPad, a it will have its own number, which I would have thought you should be able to pair so that when your phone rings, it can also ring on your IPad, or maybe via bluetooth, as you will need an Apple ID for Apple products. You can also download the guide via the app Books by doing a search, but the best person to probably give you a better answer is @Chris_B .

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@suetester   You’ll need a sim in it but do you want a contract or PAYG or just a data sim that will last for a set period of time ?   And unfortunately you can not make calls on a iPad unless it’s linked to the same iCloud account that a iPhone is on and this is call iCloud calling.  ( EE call it smart calling)  you can not link it to your Samsung device to make calls and you can not have the same number on a different SIM card to the one you use in your phone.  You will however be able to use FaceTime calling as this is just going to use data. But this will only be to other Apple devices.