cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Purchasing Add-On Data Pack - No Internet

DJB159
Explorer

Hello,

My first post here so I hope this in the right place.

I have an EE 4GEE wifi box that I occasionally use when travelling and therefore use PAYG.

I have been attempting for the majority of this afternoon to purchase a data add-on for this device.

I have successfully logged onto my EE account and added £10 credit to the account. However, when trying to purchase a data add-on I am told that I must be connected to the device.

Unfortunately, when I try to do this, I cannot connect to the internet (4G through the 4GEE box), but can connect to the box itself. The issues is that there is currently no data at all on the account.

Therefore, I am unable to purchase a data pack. I have tried buying an add-on pack whilst logged into the account on both my phone (website and My EE app) and laptop. Neither allow me to purchase it as I am not connect to the 4GEE box.

I cannot for the life of me work out how I am supposed to add data to the device.

Any help will be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter_C
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @DJB159 and welcome to the EE Community. 

When you connect to WiFi signal from the 4GEE WiFi, enter add-on.ee.co.uk into the address bar and try browse to it. 

Thanks,

Peter

Hello,

I am met with the "no internet" google page.

Thanks

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DJB159,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

add-on.ee.co.uk is zero rated so you don't need a data allowance to access it.

When did you last use the device? Could your account be in hibernation?

Thanks

James

Hi @DJB159, there are a couple of additional routes to purchase an addon.

1: login to the portable WiFi's web interface on 192.168.1.1 and use its SMS messaging option to send the correct short code to 150.

2: if you insert the SIM in an EE/unlocked phone then you should be able to purchase an add-on through add-on.ee.co.uk

droopywinter
Visitor

I have the same problem, it's so frustrating. I don't understand why EE make it impossible to purchase data unless you are connected to the device! Thankfully I only use this SIM intermittently when travelling, I wouldn't consider switching my main monthly contract to EE.

@droopywinter : Look at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see what it offers you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)