cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Price rises on pay monthly tvs?

Joethe147
Contributor
Contributor

I've been checking daily over the past few weeks to see if the various Samsung tvs offered as part of Pay Monthly accessories will come back in stock yet, and they have appeared to jump in price by quite a bit in the past few days.

The Samsung tvs have risen by as much as £15 per month. 

Seems to be a large rise. Is this the case? 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joethe147  Are they the same TVs/model or are they a high spec more costly TV ? 

Hi, @Chris_B 

They're the exact same models and size I believe. 

Don't know whether you can check price history on the items with your position but the Q60A was £48 a month last week and is currently around £65 a month. The total price was previously around £550, it's now around £750 which is much more than the £500-600 that everywhere else (Amazon, Currys, Samsung itself) is charging. 

The other Samsung tvs have risen too, the AU8000 one was around £38 a month and is now £48 a month. Similar for the other Samsung AU model. Didn't check the LG one.

Of course I know price rises happen but this seems a lot. Unless there's been a mistake though it doesn't seem that way. 

@Joethe147   I’ve just looked at the Samsung website and that has the Q60A 43” at £529 I wouldn’t purchase this from EE if they’ve put the cost up that much.  I understand EE can charge interest as you are paying over 11 months but paying £765 for a TV that Samsung sells for £529 is just not worth it.   

the AU8000 can be purchased at £429 outright so this isn’t to bad at £578 total but I still wouldn’t do it.   £50-£60 interest at most would be more like it.