cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Photo album in Library (on Google photos) has gone missing on my phone

Bhindi
Explorer

My phone is a Moto G and I save many of my photos into albums in a library which get backed up into Google photos.  Recently I travelled to Spain and when looking for the photo albums in the library, they had disappeared from my phone. Now I am back in the UK they are still missing on my phone, though I can see the albums are still in the library if I log onto my desktop computer and go into Google photos.  Has anyone ever had this problem?  I don't know if something happened to change my phone settings when I travelled (or if that was just a coincidence re timing) but I've searched and searched and all the settings seem to be set for syncing and backing up as normal. Any ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Bhindi 

Try going into setting and apps/apps management - find the app and clear the cache/data. See if that helps.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Thanks Northerner. Tried that but it’s made no difference sadly. Thanks for your response though 😊

Sent from Mail for Windows
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bhindi,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do any new photos taken show in the Google Photos app on your phone?

James

Hi James, yes all the photos show in Google Photos but when I click on Library, it only shows the grouping s of Camera, Whatsapp, Messenger, Downloads etc but where it would normally have Albums there too, there are none showing.

James_B

Hi @Bhindi,

Could you try deleting and reinstalling the app and let me know if that resolves the issue?

Thanks

James

Hi James – If I uninstall the Google Photos app from my phone it says it will replace with the factory version and delete all my data – that sounds a bit scary!!

James_B

Hi @Bhindi,

As long as all your photos are backed up, they'll be restored when you reinstall the app.

Please see this Google support article for help with checking your backup settings.

Hope this helps.

James

Hello James – I was just about to take the plunge and uninstall the app/delete the date, when I realised that somehow, I must have changed my phone settings to be logged into a different Google account within the photo app settings (Manage your account drop down arrow). I’ve never done that before and not sure how I managed I, but having now changed that back to my normal gmail account, I can now see my photo albums again!
Thanks for your advice anyway. I’ll keep that resolution for another time/problem.
Cheers

Katie_B

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Bhindi

Have a wonderful weekend, 

Katie 🙂