cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Photo ID expired

gfwilliams1
Explorer

Hi all,

I messed up here admittedly - placed an order for my new phone and went to collect today - was foolish to assume an expired passport for ID would be fine so legally I couldn't get the phone. I don't have a drivers license, so I really have no eligible photo ID for the moment (finished my new passport application a second ago!)

Is there any way I can still get the phone without having to wait for the phone in store to be refunded in a week then wait 3 weeks for the new passport then repeat the whole process? I live in a student flat with no one who has the same surname as me so can a flatmate not accept the delivery as the order is in my name? The guy in store said something about making the order in someone else's name who can collect for me but I was so overwhelmed with information I got a little confused?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
gfwilliams1
Explorer

Hi all,

I messed up here admittedly - placed an order for my new phone and went to collect today - was foolish to assume an expired passport for ID would be fine so legally I couldn't get the phone. I don't have a drivers license, so I really have no eligible photo ID for the moment (finished my new passport application a second ago!)

Is there any way I can still get the phone without having to wait for the phone in store to be refunded in a week then wait 3 weeks for the new passport then repeat the whole process? I live in a student flat with no one who has the same surname as me so can a flatmate not accept the delivery as the order is in my name? The guy in store said something about making the order in someone else's name who can collect for me but I was so overwhelmed with information I got a little confused?

Thanks!

I get 2 phones delivered every 12 or 18 months. Sometimes my wife signs for it or one of my boys.  They never have to show any ID as your home is the ID. My youngest when he was 18 had to show proof of age as he looked only 14, he is a leap year baby too lol, he is 21 soon and still looks about 16.  Under 18 cannot sign for anything but if older than 18 and look young, tell them to have ID with age.

Contact EE and tell them the problem of the passport and ask for it to be delivered, if asking nicely they should not charge you postage.  I always at the beginning tell the customer support person that I love their accent, where do they come from, they laugh and next I get all the small things like postage free, I have even been given £5 credit. It works with male or female, we all like being liked.  

Don't make things harder than what they are, just ask for it to be delivered, don't go into the story of your flatmate being only one in etc, that's between you and the delivery service. It really is easy...Bishop

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gfwilliam1

Welcome to the community.

The delivery company should require a valid proof of ID too. Is your account registered to your student flat?

Chris