cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Payments failing

Missmatilda
Explorer

My payment to top up my mobile wifi continues to fail - it’s not the card, I’ve made other purchases with the card today. It goes through the authentication process fine, then says “oops something went wrong. Payment unsuccessful, please try again”. This has happened many times over the last 24 hours. Is there some problem with processing payments right now? I’m going crazy and almost out of back up gigs...

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you trying to top-up thro' your MyEE? Try using Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks but I’m using the same card I always use - had this modem for 18 months and top up regularly, never has this happen. No one to get in touch with, very frustrating. I always keep a few pound credit so I can use that to buy a few bytes, enough to allow me to top up. But I’m almost out and if it won’t take the payment before it runs out, no more online for me...

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Missmatilda

Welcome to the community.

Are you still having this problem this morning? Could you try using a different device or browser please?

Chris