cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pay as you Go free boosts not starting

hall68
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone else have this problem. Every three months I am told I get a free boost of 500mbs data this was last month when I bought 3 30 day packs. Text said your free boost has been added to your pack and every pack after that. On the app and EE account is was pending and said it will start when you renew your next pack but never does. I have to cl them to activate it. I don't mind as is says being a pack customer calls are now free but I shouldn't have to do this every three months. Never used to do this.

7 REPLIES 7
tmobilefan
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

simply  no 

if you're on legacy  t mobile there   are  suggesting  to  move to ee , 

other wise you have  to deal with the hassle  of calling   up  ever   3 month  just some tactics  they wont tell you about 

good  luck 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hall68

Your plan data will take priority over your boost allowance. So once your pack allowance runs out, your boost will kick in.

Chris

hall68
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi thanks for replying. I am on the EE network. It's only started happening last couple of times. All my other free boosts activated even when I had data left from my pack they got used when data ran out but these boost are greyed out and it says they will start when you renew your next pack. Operator said they should have been activated automatically but he had to do it. I have read other users have same issue with boosts.

hall68
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

They are supposed to get add to my pack every 3 months automatically without being greyed out.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Ah, OK I understand what you mean now, @hall68.

Did they say if the next ones will need to be activated? Hopefully they'll kick in automatically as they should.

Chris

The boosts will only get added to your account automatically with certain packages. Not all packs will automatically activate the boosts as some packs you get to choose if you boost your minutes, texts or data and some packs you can only boost your data.

When your pack starts do you check your allowances over SMS to check what that month package has given you? I only ask because the boost showing as greyed on MY EE usually mean they have been used for that package and will renew with the next package.

Just to confirm the boost are every 3 packs for 30 day packs, not particularly every 3 months. You have to ensure you have purchased the packs not just top up to be eligible for the boost. 

hall68
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

My boost was added to my pack after I bought my 3rd monthly pack. The boost was pending and greyed out unused not been used. The operator said it should have been added to my pack ready to use when needed not stayed pending it was a fault because all my other boosts when added said active meaning when I exhausted my pack data they could be used. I had another phone this happened on and when my data was used the boosts stayed pending. He had to do some tweaks to my account to activate them.