cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New EE sim and new phone upgrade

Gab21
Explorer

Hi 
I have recently upgraded to a new iPhone 12. 
I was sent the phone and a new sim. I put the new sim in transferred all across and thought all was okay.

I then was still receiving text messages and iMessages on the old iPhone still and also realised my number had changed. I now have 2 phones and 2 sims. Will I need to deactivate the new one and put old sim in the new phone? So I can  keep my number and receive my messages.
Will I be charged for the 2 phones and sims? One is sim only (old) and the other is new phone and new sim and tariff. Both are showing on my EE account. 
Help! Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Gab21 

EE often supply a replacement SIM with upgrade phones incase, for whatever reason, your existing SIM isn't working or doesn't fit. If your existing SIM fits in your new phone and works, that's the better solution and you don't need to register the new SIM.

You can only have one SIM active on one number at a time, so if you have registered the new SIM, your old SIM has now been deactivated.

If you have 2 separate lines showing on your account, the most likely explanation is that you didn't upgrade but have inadvertently taken out a new contract while your existing one is still running.

When you say you upgraded "recently", when exactly was this? Do you see this new additional number on your monthly bills, as well as your previous number?

Thank you. 
I thought I had upgraded as app kept reminding me I could. I only did this on Saturday and received it all Sunday. It’s only today I realised I must of messed it up. 
The additional number is showing on my account now. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Gab21

Thanks for posting on the community. 

If you give us a call on 150, the team will get this looked into for you and help you get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.