cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New EE Phone unlock

dsmith410
Visitor

I have just upgraded my phone with EE, the new phone I didn't actually need as my old is in very good condition and works fine for what I need.

I thought as I'm renewing technically I can sell the phone however Music Magpie have said there is a block? Does anyone know anything about this and how or if I can get it removed?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @dsmith410 ,

Welcome to the community, 

I would suggest you take a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/76...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @dsmith410 ,

Welcome to the community, 

I would suggest you take a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/76...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

So as far as I'm aware, from December 2021, it's becoming illegal for carriers to sell network locked devices. This is to ensure consumers are given more choice and freedom about who they choose to do business with - regardless of whether they're locked into contract with company XYZ. How does this effect customers who purchase a device prior to December 2021? Will they have the right to request the carrier unlocks their device for free? How would this work?

@TheHoneyMonsta  Your still within contract if you get the device from a network so you can not just change networks while within that contract period.    

Devices sold after December will not be network locked.  At present this doesn’t mean devices sold before December are eligible to be unlocked before the 6 months of ownership.