cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

NHS app incompatible with Huawei phones. Need to change phones, but in contract.

alan58athotmail
Investigator
Investigator

I am paying monthly for a phone which does not work with NHS app. Not happy to pay out nearlt £200 to change to a non-Huawei phone!

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @alan58athotmail.

Welcome to the community.

What happens when you try to download the app?

Where have you seen that it's not compatible?

Jon​​​​​​​

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If your Huawei Phone doesn't support Play Store then your need to download the NHS App from a 3Rd Party Store, try Huawei Store App or use Petal Search if it comes up instead, the install from there should be fine.

Tried Gspace and Dualspace, but NHS app installs OK, but reverts to login when trying to login, and it seems to be well known that GMS and NHS technical people have not yet finalised a workaround.

>From my iPad

Ive just tried Petal Search and downloaded NHS App 2.1.0 via APKpure and it seems to install and work fine on my Huawei P40 Pro+

From memory if you going back to Login every time you open the App is normally because you haven't registered the Phone via the NHS App

Thanks for trying to help.
I have logged in to the NHS app on my tablet, re-entering my phone.
Received a 6 digit number straight away, and the tablet app works fine.
Then went to my Psmart 2021 and tried to log in, entering my email, then password, and received a 6 digit code to enter. It immediately reverted to login page!

>From my iPad