cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

My EE app not listed in Play Store

Northnet
Contributor
Contributor

I launched my installed My EE app and got a message saying it was no longer compatible (or something similar) and to update the app. I deleted the old app and went to download from scratch but 'My EE' is not available in the Play Store, just EE Home and EE device MOT.

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Northnet 

What device do you have? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I have a Redmi Note 7, running Android 10.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Northnet

Are you able to log into your My EE account on your phone browser?

Chris

Yes, I can login with my phone's Brave browser.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK thanks, @Northnet

The My EE app may or may not work on handsets that are not part of our range. I'd suggest continuing to use your My EE account through the browser.

Chris

This response is simply not good enough. For a start, it does not address the subject (the app is simply NOT LISTED). And secondly, who ever heard of an app being device-specific? I can understand if the OS is old and becomes incompatible, but Android 10?

Please escalate this issue so that we may receive an accurate answer, and a resolution.

uvarvu
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Device specific apps are more common than you think.   I also doubt it’s the OS version, up until September Android 10 was the most common version.  11 has since taken the crown.

Thanks for your input @uvarvu . As I suspected all along, it seems EE is attempting to coral users into purchasing their overpriced handsets, regularly. My Redmi has been, and continues to be, everything I expect from a phone although I am cognisant that Android 10 is the last update I will be getting. But my choice of handset is *my choice*, and EE is my chosen service supplier (for now), the one does not and should not determine the other. I live in a weal signal area and EE is marginally the best of a bad bunch, but if they are going to start pulling handset marketing stunts, I will have to reconsider my options.