cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Friends and family discount code

ziptrax
Explorer

This has been very frustrating.

I tried to upgrade my mobile last night through the website. Logged in selected my new phone, went to the checkout section and could only see a voucher code bit that I could not click into or type in.

I continued on anyway thinking that there may be a discount code bit further on, only to get a thank you for your payment bit at the end and an order confirmation email.

I phoned up ee this morning and the guy said it's a web only code so I would just need to go through the procedure again, and type the code in on the last screen, and it would amend the order and not charge me 

I get to the end screen to be greeted by a thank you for your order and another £100 out of my account.

I phoned back up to be told that they can't see the orders on their screen and that as it's a web only code I need to press the chat button in the myee app to talk to the web team.

Couldn't find a chat button, only a Facebook messenger prompt that takes me to the play store to open the messenger app which then takes me to my existing chat screen.

I sent them a message from the Facebook page but that was 9am and still no response from them at 1pm.

I have also got a message in my email saying the first order is now complete and awaiting delivery on the standard price with no discount included.

This has been a very frustrating experience and just getting worse because I can't talk to anyone about it or get it resolved.

How do I talk to someone to get this resolved?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ziptrax  F&F discount codes are not just web only codes.    Nothing will be changed from your first order by doing it all again.    I highly recommend you call customer services again explained everything and what you got told todo and hopefully you’ll get someone who can actually help you. 

I eventually managed to find the web chat on the app and got to someone that has now forwarded the info to someone in the F and F team and said they would message me in 8-9 days once it has all been sorted out. Had to give them details of my friends work email address, my code he generated and my mobile number. It's been such a stressful few days sorting this out. The web person said they had stock of the phone, but customer services today said there is a 7 day wait. Went for the galaxy fold 3 silver 512gb

hey, may i ask where did you find the web chat please ? i experinced the same issue and got referred to this web chat which i couldn't find anywhere

i'm struggling to find this web chat 

diana 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Diana8

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please could you provide more information regarding your query with your Friends and Family discount?

Katie 🙂