cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Intermittent problems with EE connecting to IPad and iPhone but OK on computer

anivo
Investigator
Investigator

Intermittent problems with EE connecting to IPad and iPhone. Broadband works on main computer and Amazon Firefly but not Apple products. Anyone else having problems?  Engineer came out but still intermittent issues which is proving impossible to chair Zoom meetings.

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

For an EE Smart Hub, but not an EE Smart Router, try separating the wireless channels. On the Advanced / Wireless Settings page of the SH there is a button near the top to Separate the Bands. Turn it ON. Then the 5GHz SSID will appear starting with "5GHz-" & the 2.4 GHz SSID not starting with "5GHz-". Then connect your devices to the 2.4 GHz SSID if they can't do 5GHz. The Smart Router doesn't allow this.

Apples in particular are not happy with combined WiFi bands.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@anivo   Have you tried doing a network reset the the devices?  This will wipe all network connections and you’ll have to set them up again.  As it’s 2 Apple devices I assume they are both on the same Apple account and if they are they would of shared the WiFi network setup from one device to the other so if one had issues the other will probably have the same issue.  
 You’ll find the network reset in 

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.   Do both devices and see how it goes. 

Hi   Thanks for your reply.  When I first had a problem with a new router, the wireless settings were split but having had all these issues now, an Engineer came round on Friday and put the two together but it is still a nightmare.  

Yes they are both on the same account, so will give this a try now.  Thanks

Brilliant and they are both working at the moment.  Fingers crossed that the internet doesn't disappear again.   I guess a lot of people must be having the same problem.  Thanks for your help.

I should split them again!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)