cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How long does an upgrade take, & how can I query without a phone?

northwest96
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

so the first issue I have is that I ordered an upgrade on Saturday. The order wasn't confirmed until yesterday, and now 24 hours later is still awaiting an estimated delivery date rather than having been dispatched. On the order page it says "your back order is confirmed" - this completely goes against the upgrade pages saying that it was currently in stock (iPhone 11 pro space grey, good as new.) Why not warn your customers beforehand? I am now completely without a phone, which is crucial for my work and contacting clients. 

Which brings me on to my next point. Absolutely every bit of advice I have seen is "call 150". How is that possible if the issue is that your phone has broken, hence the need to upgrade?

Some clarification on when the phone will be getting sent would be greatly appreciated, as too long a wait may mean I have to look elsewhere.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @northwest96 

Just on the specifics of how you call EE without having an EE phone - the contact us page includes details of other numbers, that are free to call from any UK provider, fixed or mobile.

Find a friend or relation who's willing to let you borrow their phone, or use your home landline - and use one of the 0800 ones.

northwest96
Investigator
Investigator

Little update to this. So I managed to call and apparently the phone is not in stock, despite it being in stock at the time I ordered the phone and the time my order was confirmed (if not processed). I have to say this is poor, very poor service from EE. Surely a company so large can get someone to code a website that removes 1 product from the stock upon order completion, even if temporarily before being manually approved, rather than informing your customers after the fact that its out of stock?

Highly disappointed. Amateur decision making.

And a final update. The EE store is saying it's still in stock! How can you allow this? https://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/iphone-11-pro-good-as-new/details this is honestly appalling behaviour 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @northwest96

Thanks for coming to the community and making us aware. 

Did the customer care team know it was a good as new device when checking stock levels?

These generally must be processed online.

Have you been provided with other available options?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Hello Katie,

I completed the upgrade entirely online, & this has since been confirmed & processed, but the delivery update link I was given has classed it as a back order. Up until this call today I hadn't been on the phone to anyone with regards to the upgrade, and as mentioned the store said (and still does say) it's in stock.

I called technical support (150 then 1-2-1 on the keypad). The agent was very friendly and helpful, and called the correct department for me and so I assume could see the order that I have placed, as I didn't have to explain which phone it was I had ordered. 

No alternatives etc were offered however and I am dead set on this model of iPhone as I've already purchased accessories ready since the order was fully processed/confirmed

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks so much for getting back to me @northwest96

I would love to see if I can help further. 

When you have a moment please check your inbox

Katie 🙂