cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Headphone Jack Samsung s21

Helkays
Investigator
Investigator

I have just ordered an s21 5g 128 and have just read that it doesn't have a headphone Jack.  Is this correct? as I want to cancel my order if this is the case.....

8 REPLIES 8
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

That is correct - I would look at the Pixel 4a/5a (not yet out in the UK) if you need a headphone jack

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G - Full phone specifications (gsmarena.com)

@Helkays  The s20 never had one also.    What it does have is a combination charger port headphone jack.        

You plug the USB-C headphones in to the charger port.  

@Chris_B thanks for that. I didn't know there was such a thing but I am a bit of a technophobe! Although I assume this would probably mean that I cant listen and charge my phone at the same time?

@Helkays  The phone has wireless charging.   So you put it on to a wireless charger and then you can plug headphones in.  

Or you could treat yourself to wireless headphones. 

@Chris_B thanks again!told you I was a technophobe. So obvious when you know but not to me unfortunately 🤣 Much love. You have saved me from cancelling my order! 

@Helkays  You just need to get a wireless charger now.  And you’ll probably find that any future devices you get will have wireless charging also,   

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The Samsung, as do a lot of High End Phones, have a proper High Quality Digital Audio Output from the C typed Charging Port, (S21 - PCM: 32 bit/384kb DSD: DSD64/128)

so either invest in a good Quality C Type Digital Headphones or get a decent HQ Digital C type DAC adapter to Headphone Socket for your current Headphones.

The reason I saying all this is that a lot of the cheapo type C Headphones or Audio to headphone  adapters are just sniffing the Analogue Audio through the Charging Port, you be missing out on decent quality Sounds if you go down the cheap route.

I never considered suggesting Wireless earphones which is odd as I've been using them for the last 10 years