cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Extending a Customer Transfer Number Swap

gxp
Explorer

My partner recently cancelled his old contract with EE (that he has been on for almost 6 years) and has taken out a new line on my account. When speaking to the call centre when we placed the order (16th December), we were told that we can transfer his old number to the new contract by using a Customer Transfer Number Swap. Due to the delays in the Pro Maxes getting delivered, his number is going to expire before or the day of his new phone arriving. We specifically ordered the one with the shortest delivery time (14 days) to ensure this didn't happen, so it is rather frustrating. Is it possible to extend the amount of time his old number is held for? Thanks, any help is appreciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @gxp 

The process for transferring an EE phone between two individuals is explained in this EE help article, under the third bullet point.

The donating line has to be live and active in order to transfer it, if your partner has 30days disconnection notice running, then this will need to be cancelled in order for the number to be kept alive for a later transfer.

If the number has already been disconnected, then your partner's number has already been released back to EE.

There is no account access on this public forum, I would strongly recommend calling EE C/S on 150 who can access your individual accounts and advise accordingly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You will need to call EE and discuss this.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @gxp 

The process for transferring an EE phone between two individuals is explained in this EE help article, under the third bullet point.

The donating line has to be live and active in order to transfer it, if your partner has 30days disconnection notice running, then this will need to be cancelled in order for the number to be kept alive for a later transfer.

If the number has already been disconnected, then your partner's number has already been released back to EE.

There is no account access on this public forum, I would strongly recommend calling EE C/S on 150 who can access your individual accounts and advise accordingly.

Thats helpful - thank you