cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Excessive data usage

TJMcK
Explorer

Having had great help from EE with my home broadband, I purchased last week for my holiday home ( which has no phone line to install a router etc) a 4G EE wifi min hub. I took out a 30GB monthly contract which was £30. My wife and I have been in the holiday home for 4 days since the contract started on July 3rd and have already used over 12GB of the monthly data allowance! 

We have an iPhone and an iPad each which are connected to the hub when we are there. We don't use HD films etc.

What is wrong and why is so much data being used? The monthly allowance of 30GB will only last about 10 days!!

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TJMcK   Are you allowing your devices to run and the background? Are you allowing your devices to auto update any apps on your devices?     Are you watching YouTube?  In the settings of YouTube have you turned off PLAY HD only on WiFi ?   What apps are you using on your devices?  On your devices in settings>battery it will say what apps your using the most.  What are they ? as this will help to tack down what’s using the data. 

Thank you Chris. I will check this tomorrow and report back