cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE is wiring into my Bookmarks

Fluffybunnyface
Contributor
Contributor

My IPhone 6s ios14.1 has an entry ee.co.uk in my Bookmarks. If I follow this link it goes to ee.co.uk/ee and me. 

I cannot seem to be able to stop it. Why is this ? My original thoughts were that I had some malicious thing on my phone. Anyone else seen thIs?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This problem worried me as I thought it might be something malicious at first. I have spent a fair bit kid time trying to understand what was going on. 
This is undesirable as whatever the mechanism is , it should not cause this sort of confusion. 
It does not seem to be sync’d to my other devices , which is also confusing . I installed ICloud for Windows and Google chrome on my notepad. Then did the merge. This bookmark ee.co.uk  was not present. Thus I knew it wasn’t coming from ICloud. It only appears on my phone and is not sync’d to my other devices. I can’t edit or move it.

Personally, I believe that I have no control over MY Bookmarks! What if there were other sites doing this?

Is there any way of getting this resolved ? I have tried Apple Chat twice and achieved little.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Fluffybunnyface  Because you saved it as a book mark.  

Chris, I’m not writing it. I have tried lots to understand this problem. iCloud Safari untick, log off iCloud , run exclusively private for example. 
I delete it when it appears. It cannot be edited either.

regds

I have the same problem. The bookmark keeps re-appearing on my phone, no matter how many times I delete it. I spoke to Apple, who said that some carriers do this kind of thing and are apparently allowed to. But it is obnoxious.

Someone from EE needs to address this.

Does it really matter though? Is it effecting your phone at all?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Yes. It matters that a service provider might put something – anything – on to your phone without your consent. I'd like an answer.

This problem worried me as I thought it might be something malicious at first. I have spent a fair bit kid time trying to understand what was going on. 
This is undesirable as whatever the mechanism is , it should not cause this sort of confusion. 
It does not seem to be sync’d to my other devices , which is also confusing . I installed ICloud for Windows and Google chrome on my notepad. Then did the merge. This bookmark ee.co.uk  was not present. Thus I knew it wasn’t coming from ICloud. It only appears on my phone and is not sync’d to my other devices. I can’t edit or move it.

Personally, I believe that I have no control over MY Bookmarks! What if there were other sites doing this?

Is there any way of getting this resolved ? I have tried Apple Chat twice and achieved little.

I still have this annoying Bookmark problem. Can somebody in EE find the time to provide a reason why g tv his is happening !