cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE 4G home Broadband buffering on ITV and All4

Tractor555
Explorer

Hello, I have EE 4G home Broadband with a new Router 2. The Router indicates 4 out of 4 lights for 4G signal level and the speeds through Ookla speed tests are about 60-70 Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I use the broadband all day for Teams call and things and there is no buffering, YouTube and BBC iPlayer are also fine. For some reason though the All4 and ITV hub apps (on both a firestick and YouView box) buffer and pause badly. I have run a speed test on the firestick browser and that reports 20Mbps. I have tried running the Firestick through a VPN to see if that would get round any throttling from EE but it doesn't help.  I have reset the devices and cleared caches but no better. Any thoughts welcomed

4 REPLIES 4
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Try changing the Routers APN Settings to IPV4 Only.

Thanks for the reply, the router's APN settings are already set for IPv4 only. 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If everything else works fine but All4 and ITV have a problem, the next test is to try these on multiple devices.

If everything else works fine but All4 and ITV have a problem on multiple devices, it's quite likely it's the All4 and ITV services that have the problem.

The other play may be to move the SIM to an unlocked mobile and try the hotspot.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Wildcat
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

HI, we've have the same problem, but after talking to friends and colleagues who are on various different connections with various other suppliers, it seems the issue is with ITV player (STV player in Scotland) and i would imaging if All4 is on the same platform, then that's likely to be the same issue. We've given up trying to watch anything on demand using ITV/STV player for this very reason. We also hate the ads that keep interrupting too 😉