cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Does "Awaiting confirmation" ever change? will I get my phone?

phyncerberus
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,
I ordered my new phone just before my contract expired and am now in that psuedo-contract hell where EE technically don't have to support me because my contract has expired, but they haven't delivered my new phone yet so my new contract cannot start.
I was wondering how bad other peoples experiences had been with the Apple iPhone 12 thus far.
On the 18th of November, I placed an order the telephone with EE for an iPhone 12 Max Pro in Pacific Blue and fitted with 512GB memory, on that very day I receive a order tracking text containing a link to page saying that my "Back-Order is confirmed", every Thursday since I have duly received a similar text containing a live ot ostensibly the same page. each time proclaiming that my order is "On track" or "coming soon" but with no more detail than that. I have contacted EE to be given the customer royal shuffle and getting nowhere. To that I I thought I would ask if there are many others who have placed an order in good faith, (not told about this "back order" rubbish) and have simply been left hanging for 4 weeks without any contact from them at all. I don't even have a email from them, just these insanely infuriating sms messages.
Do the elusive iPhone 12 Max Pro in Pacific Blue with 512GB of memory even exist or are they just a figment of an advertisers drug fueled mind?
Why is customer service so bad that they are still selling these despite obviously not having any?
Does EE even care that a customer of over a decade is now so disenamoured that he may just go to giffgaff and know where he stands?
Am I simply screaming into the storm of Christmas chatter, never to be heard or acted upon? (I suppose we'll see)

I hope you have better luck than me. In the meantime; Merry Christmas, God bless and Happy Hogmanay

5 REPLIES 5
LeJarde
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Please take a look at my posts, some have been removed by “ officials” as they were obviously too close to the bone. Believe me you are not alone in this shambolic episode from ee ( I’m thinking it should be “he he, we’ve got your money”)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @phyncerberus,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Due to limited stock availability, we are fulfilling all orders for the iPhone 12 Pro Max 512GB Pacific Blue on a first come first serve basis and are working with Apple to get this to you as soon as possible. We are sorry for the delay.

If you'd rather switch to a different model, please give us a call on 150 to discuss your options. We might be able to find an alternative iPhone model readily available. 

Thanks

James

Rather than getting me to climb aboard this particular merry-go-round yet again, why don't you (as a company) put some concerted effort into customer service, stop advertising a product as being available when it isn't (this is actually a breach to the trade description act), and apply some real pressure to Apple. You have the buying power to do that, we as mere plebs do not! At the very least just admit that you haven't a *bleep* clue when, or even if, these things are going to arrive at all. Never mind this side of Christmas. Frankly I am appalled, not by the wait, but by the lack of customer service, the lack of communication, but mostly the lack of honesty. You should be forced to take out full page adverts in all the daily papers and on TV telling people that you do not have the products that you are selling.

We do not want any more platitudes, just get us the answers we deserve.

HH8888
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have only gone for the Iphone pro not the max ordered 27/11 told would re is Ed within 28 days (Christmas Day), only today had the tracking changed to say expected 4-9 Jan, I was assured this would come before Christmas 

I too am awaiting delivery of an I phone 11, ordered on 11th November. I am receiving repeated e mails................

Hi Yvonne, your order is almost ready.

Great news! Your new iPhone 11 128GB (PRODUCT)RED Special Edi is coming soon and your order will be with you shortly.

Your order is confirmed but we’re awaiting your expected delivery date. 

I have also been a loyal customer for many years.