cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Charged £1.12 for (2) pictures sent from my WIFI ???

Sharon531
Explorer

Hi,

Can someone please explain to my why EE have charged me the above amount when

( 1 ).   The Pictures were NOT delivered ??

( 2).    I sent the pictures from my home address using WIFI ??

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sharon

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Sharon531  If these where sent as an MMS then you are still charged.   Using the WiFi calling service that also allows text/MMS to be sent are still MMS, using Wi-Fi as a signal source doesn’t get you out of charges.   It’s only a connection to give you a usable signal.     The pictures might not have been received “yet” as no form of messaging is guaranteed to be instant. 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Sharon531 

Welcome to the EE community

Whether you were connected to the mobile network or a WiFi router is immaterial for charging purposes - what matters is how these messages were sent.

If you sent these pictures using an app-based method such as WhatsApp, Messenger or suchlike, then these are sent from your phone as data - and charged accordingly.

If they were sent using the messaging-app and appear in your "stock" message history, then they were sent using MMS and would be chargeable.

Just as with voice calls placed over WiFi-calling instead of the mobile network - the type of connection your phone is using at the time makes no difference to the charging, which is based entirely on what you do.