cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Camera

Phototext2
Investigator
Investigator

I am trying to connect another security camera. 

I have several of the same make at two locations. The non EE location works fine on wireless and I can connect on 4G and other wifi networks but with my EE broadband they connect but keep dropping out. 

I have two cameras on my EE network which are cabled and work fine. I can connect a third wirelessly and see it on the EE network but it won’t connect on 4G (or elsewhere) so its useless.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Which router do you have?

Which camera?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What network are you using for the 4G? Name names!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Standard EE router for fibre. Says smart hub on the pull out panel.

The cameras are all iGeek and have been rock solid for years, the two in spain wireless to a fibre router, two on my EE fibre at home are ethernet cabled as they don't work wirelessly even though they are close to the router same problem as the new one I am trying to install (its getting 74% signal, I can't run a cable). 

I get to see the ones in Spain on my EE for 10-30 second before they drop out, elsewhere no drop outs, its annoying! 

4G is EE but  all the cameras work fine on all networks except I've tried just not with the EE network I have at home.

Your latest reply only raises more questions, not answers. Not even a model number and now Spain gets introduced into the problem.

How does iGeek use to connect over the interweb you don't mention. It would appear this may be the way the camera communicates, work that out and people may be able to help.

No model number on the router just Smarthub nor on the cameras which are all the same model but some more recent than others. They communicate over wifi. The problem lies in the EE router, probably just some settings as on another network there are no drop outs.

How do the communicate via EE if they are in Spain?